IP Office 8.1, Avaya’s latest version of their unified communication (UC) software, brings features typically reserved for large corporations to the mid-market. These new features include:
- Scaling the platform to handle as many as 1,000 users per site
- Management tools that allow UC platforms at multiple sites to be managed from a single console
- Support for the company’s Flare Communication tool, which allows IP Office 8.1 to be accessed remotely
IP Office 8.1 was developed specifically with the small to mid-market in mind. For back-end infrastructure, IP Office 8.1 comes in two forms.
- Server Edition: This version of IP Office 8.1 doesn’t require any Avaya proprietary hardware. It uses gateways that enable standard servers to support UC tools, such as SIP trunking.
- Avaya Hardware: This version of IP Office 8.1 runs on Avaya hardware and enables SIP trunking and other UC tools without the need for gateways.
“This gives great flexibility to our partners and customers to take really any architecture approach they’d like,” says Gary Barnett, senior vice president and general manager for Collaboration Platforms at Avaya.
Additional features of Avaya IP Office 8.1 include:
- IP Office 8.1 includes support for Avaya’s session border controller, which is its security feature.
- IP Office 8.1 is available through a cloud-based delivery model.
If you have any questions about Avaya IP Office 8.1, please contact us by calling 1-800-750-3624 or visit BuyTelephoneSystem.com today!
About Advanced Communication Systems:
Advanced Communication Systems is a National vendor of, Avaya and Cisco telecommunications products. ACS offers solutions and services that help you leverage the value of your business’s communications investment. From traditional voice to Voice over IP (VOIP), ACS gives you more options for voice and communication technology and solutions than any other provider.
ACS has experience in every major industry sector and business size, from small businesses to Fortune 500 companies.