Google Trends is an online tool that allows you to view the amount of searches (and thus the popularity) of a particular topic. Not surprisingly, some of the most popular trending topics include:
• Unified Communications
• Cloud Applications
However, one trending technology topic caught us by surprise: Bring Your Own Device (BYOD). Even more surprising is that BYOD – a term that did not even register before 2012 – is actually out trending all of the aforementioned topics.
What Makes BYOD so Popular?
- Allows businesses to save on the purchasing and managing of devices
- Shift costs from the business to the user
- Accordining to the Good Technology State of BYOD Report, “50 percent of companies with BYOD models are requiring employees to cover all costs — and they are happy to do so.”
- Users have the laptops and smartphones they have for a reason – they like them!
- Allows businesses to still leverage the latest technology
- A recent survey conducted by Vanson Bourne, found that 80% of IT managers / directors surveyed believe that BYOD will lead to significant cost savings.
A plethora of online business articles over the past few weeks points to the importance of this emerging trend, from a business week checklist on BYOD preparation to the Pros and Cons of BYOD from IT World
Avaya is poised to deliver real solutions for BYOD – check it out here.
For IT departments whose networks are ready to support the surge in wireless traffic, the “bring your own device” (BYOD) revolution promises huge gains in productivity, mobility and cost savings, all on devices purchased by the employees. Since the Avaya WLAN access solution simplifies the surveying, configuring, monitoring, deployment and reporting of enterprise wired and wireless infrastructures, businesses can embrace the BYOD revolution and benefit from a lower total cost of ownership.
If you have any questions about BOYD, or any Avaya or Advanced Communication Systems products, please contact us by calling 1-800-750-3624 or visit BuyTelephoneSystem.com today!
About Advanced Communication Systems:
Advanced Communication Systems is a National vendor of, Avaya and Cisco telecommunications products. ACS offers solutions and services that help you leverage the value of your business’s communications investment. From traditional voice to Voice over IP (VoIP), ACS gives you more options for voice and communication technology and solutions than any other provider.
ACS has experience in every major industry sector and business size, from small businesses to Fortune 500 companies.