Unfortunately, you cannot please everyone all the time. From time you time, you will have a run in with an unhappy customer or client. It happens. There is nothing you can do about it. However, there is something you can do about the way you handle the situation. The problem is that many people don’t know how to communicate effectively in a business environment. Proper business communication skills are not inherent; they are learned!
Business Communication Tips: Dealing with Unhappy Customers and Clients
- Don’t take it personally: First and foremost, do not take the situation personally.
- Listen: Do not say a word. Do not interrupt. Listen to what your customer/client has to say. Give your full attention to the client and take in everything they have to say.
- Demeanor: Be respectful. And remember, your body language says a lot!
- Reiterate: Once the client has finished explaining their problem, reiterate what they have just said. Summarize the important points and ask if you have understood them correctly. Ask for clarification on anything that is unclear. Take the time to fully understand the issue.
- Action: Once you have a grasp on the situation, figure out a plan of action. If possible, take action immediately. If not, give the client a timeframe of when their issue can be resolved.
- Honesty: It is important to always be honest with the client.
- Follow Up: Always follow up with the client. Make sure everything has gone according to plan and that the client is now content. If there are any unresolved issues, discuss further ways to address these issues.
If you have any questions about Business Communication Tips please contact Advanced Communication Solutions by calling 1-800-750-3624 or visit BuyTelephoneSystem.com today! You can also follow Advanced Communication Systems on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and Google+.