No matter if you love it or you hate it, phone conversations are a major part of your day-to-day business. And love it or hate it, phone communication requires a different set of communication skills than face-to-face communication. Effective phone communication skills are essential for everything from customer service to sales.
How are your phone communication skills? Could they be better?
Effective Phone Communication Tips
- Controlled Excitement (Picking up the Phone): When you pick up the phone, it is important to start a phone call of right. The best way to do this is to delay any excitement until after the other person states their name. After this, make the person feel like you are happy to hear from them, but don’t overdo it.
- Is this a Good Time? (Making the Call): When making a phone call, first check to see if the recipient has time to talk. Don’t just assume they have the time to listen to whatever you have to say. Show them you care about their time as much as yours. Do not forget to get permission before jumping into whatever you have to say.
- Make sure YOU have the Time: Never make a call when you only have a few minutes to talk. Nothing says you don’t care quite like having to jump off a call that YOU made.
- Never Interrupt: Never interrupt someone during a phone call. You should wait for a pause before you interject.
- Use their Name: Be personable and use the other person’s name early and often. This helps give the other person confirmation that you are focused on them. But once again, don’t overdo it.
- Make sure your Phone is up for the Task: The last thing you need is for a bad connection or inferior phone system to give your customer or client the wrong impression. This is where Advanced Communication Systems can help! Our team of communication professionals will help you understand the available phone system features and technologies and will help you choose the solution for your business.
If you have any questions about Effective Business Communication Tips please contact Advanced Communication Solutions by calling 1-800-750-3624 or visit BuyTelephoneSystem.com today! You can also follow Advanced Communication Systems on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and Google+.