Making a sale in person is far different from making a sale over the phone. It is easy to establish a sense of camaraderie in person. It is hard to do this over the phone, although it is not impossible. It just takes a certain set of unique skills.
The Secrets of a Successful Sales Call
Telesales are far different from sales that occur in person. This is why you need to establish a certain skill set.
- Professional Greeting: It is important to establish a professional greeting that doesn’t make you sound like a stereotypical telemarketer. You want to establish yourself without scaring away the potential customer. It is a difficult balance and will take some trial and error.
- Introduce yourself and the Company: Don’t just jump into your sales pitch. Make sure your potential client knows who you are and who you work for. Keep your introduction general but try to mention a benefit without actually introducing your product/service just yet. If you introduce your product/service too soon, it allows the prospect to discard the call and say, “We’re happy with our current product/service.”
- Be Grateful: It is important to be polite and express gratitude. “Thank you for taking the time to talk with me today.”
- Finally State your Purpose: Now you can finally introduce your product or service. But do it in a constructive way. Do not start to sell your product/service. Instead, sell what your product/service will do for the prospect. “I would like to show you how I can save you money on your monthly bill.”
- Schedule a Sales Meeting: Schedule a separate (in-person) meeting to actually get into the bread and butter of your service/product. This is where you can use your natural skills as a salesperson.
- Be Grateful (Again): Be sure to thank the prospect for his/her time.
- The Follow Up: If your meeting is a few days away from the initial call, be sure to send an email confirmation to sort out the final details and make sure nothing has changed.
Benefits of Telesales
- Reach: Telesales allow salespeople to reach a far greater number of potential clients in a very short amount of time.
- Cost: It is far more cost effective to call potential clients than it is to drive to each and every person.
Interested in a New Small Business Phone System to Help Boost Business?
At Advanced Communication Systems, our business communication specialists will analyze your business needs and budget before designing a solution that is not only affordable, but also flexible and capable of growing with your business.
If you have any questions about Small Business Phone Systems please contact Advanced Communication Solutions by calling 1-800-750-3624 or visit BuyTelephoneSystem.com today! You can also follow Advanced Communication Systems on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and Google+.