Now, often times, the term “trend” is viewed as a negative. But let’s not confuse a trend with a fad.
A fad develops among a large population and is collectively followed with enthusiasm for some period. A trend, on the other hand, is considered to be a behavior that evolves into a relatively permanent change.
Here are what we see as the biggest communication trends of 2012 – those new ideas or technologies that we believe will spur a real change in the way businesses communicate.
1. Mobile Communication Leads to Increased Availability: Mobile apps and devices are changing consumer, business and employee expectations.
2. Contact Centers: More companies will calculate where voice communications fits into their value stream, from pure cost to revenue generation.
3. Meta-Information: This meta-information will provide better context for communication by accompanying voice, video, chat and text communications.
4. Social Media: 2011 saw many businesses jump on the social media bandwagon. 2012 will be the year in which businesses really begin to utilize this powerful communication tool. This is causing businesses to take a deeper look at their current customer care processes and, in many cases, reinvent their customer engagement models to be able to quickly and effectively respond to customer care issues via social media.
5. SIP-Enabled Infrastructure: More and more businesses will begin deploying SIP-enabled applications.
6. Internet Protocol (IP): Many companies merged their voice and data support teams. And with the deployment of UC applications, more organizations will splice their applications teams.
Do any of the above trends make sense for your business? To find out, and to learn about more upcoming communication trends, contact the technology experts at Advanced Communication Systems.
We help our customers understand the available communications technology options, and help choose the solution that best meets their needs. Our highly trained team of sales engineers will design a telephone system and determine the most cost-effective voice and internet solution that will allow your company to take advantage of the rapid advancements in today’s telecom market.
If you have any questions about Communication Trends or any Avaya or Advanced Communication Systems products, please contact us by calling 1-800-750-3624 or visit BuyTelephoneSystem.com today!
About Advanced Communication Systems:
Advanced Communication Systems is a National vendor of, Avaya and Cisco telecommunications products. ACS offers solutions and services that help you leverage the value of your business’s communications investment. From traditional voice to Voice over IP (VoIP), ACS gives you more options for voice and communication technology and solutions than any other provider.
ACS has experience in every major industry sector and business size, from small businesses to Fortune 500 companies.
You can also follow Advanced Communication Systems on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and Google+.
12 Communication Trends -Worth your attention and planned action now