We’ve all been there; your business phone system is just not working correctly. Avaya IP Office System Status can help you to fix your Analog, Digital and VoIP system. The System Status Application (SSA) is a diagnostic tool for system managers and administrators to monitor and check the status of Avaya IP Office systems locally or remotely.
SSA provides information on the following:
Alarms- SSA displays all alarms which are recorded within IP Office for each device in error. The number, date and time of the occurrence is recorded.
Extensions- SSA details all extensions (including device type and port location) on the IP Office system. Information on the current status of a device is also displayed.
Trunks- IP Office trunks and connections (VoIP, analog and digital) and their current status are displayed. For VoIP trunks, QoS information is also displayed (e.g. round trip delay, jitter and packet loss).
System Resources- IP Office includes central resources that are utilized to perform various functions. Diagnosing these resources is often critical to the successful operation of the system. This includes details on resources for VCM, Voicemail and conferencing.
SSA can be launched independently or from IP Office Manager and there can be up to two (2) SSA clients connected to an IP Office unit at one time.
Here are a few easy steps for troubleshooting your IP Office phone:
- Log in to IP Office System Status by using your User name and password
- Whether you are using VoIP, analog or digital phones, click on Extensions in the left pane. This will indicate the status for all phones in the system
- If you want, you can print a status report, by clicking ‘print’ on the bottom of the page.
- Click on H.323 extensions, then Avaya IP phones to test the status of VoIP phones
- All VoIP phones plugged in will appear in the status report
- If your VoIP phone is not plugged in, it won’t appear on this status report
- To test a VoIP phone, click on Ping.To restart it, click on Re-register
Avaya IP Office System Status is a fantastic way to aid in troubleshooting your business phone system. It makes singling out the error all the easier!