A DID number, or Direct Inward Dialing number, is a telephone number that allows incoming calls to be routed directly to a specific extension on your Business Phone System. DID numbers are often used by businesses who have a remote workforce, or who conduct business in multiple locations. DID numbers can also be used to create a virtual office environment, allowing employees to work from home or on the go. In this blog post, we will discuss the benefits of having a DID number for your business.
DID numbers can give your business a professional appearance and help to create a sense of credibility. Customers are more likely to call a business that has a DID number, as it appears more established and trustworthy. Having a DID number can also make it easier for customers to remember your phone number, as opposed to a personal cell phone number.
DID numbers can also help to improve customer service. With a DID, customers are routed directly to the extension of the employee they need to speak with. This can save customers time and frustration, as they do not have to go through a receptionist or call menu. In addition, DID numbers can be used to create an automated attendant, which can give callers information about your business hours, products and services, and directions to your office.
Some additional advantages of having a DID number include:
- The ability to have multiple phone numbers for different departments or employees, all coming into the same phone system.
- The ability to set up call forwarding so that calls can be directed to the right person or department, even if they are not in the office.
- The ability to have calls recorded for training or quality assurance purposes.
- The ability to use VoIP features such as call waiting, caller ID, and voicemail.
- The ability to add additional lines as your business grows.
DID numbers are a valuable asset for any business, large or small. If you are considering adding a DID number to your business phone system, contact us today. We would be happy to discuss the benefits of DID numbers with you and help you choose the best DID number for your business. If you have any questions or would like more information, please feel free to contact us at 800-750-3624 or visit us on Twitter.