As a small business owner, you do not have a lot of wiggle room in the budget to purchase new computers, phones, and the like. So what do you do, sit and wait until your businesses slowly (or maybe quickly) falls behind the competition? Of course not! But how do you solve this technology dilemma without sacrificing productivity? The answer is simple: Bring Your Own Device to Work (BYOD).
We know what you are thinking; how receptive will your employees be to using their own laptops or smartphones for business? Well, what if we told you that 42% of employees already admit to using their smartphone for work? Making the switch to BYOD may not be as difficult as you thought.
The Ups of BYOD
- Cost: First and foremost, cost is a major benefit of BYOD. Employers will not have to purchase computers or telephones, they will not have to keep up with the latest trends in technology, and they will not need to upgrade anything once their current technology becomes obsolete. All of this will fall on your emplyees.
- Productivity: According to the Cisco ISBG Horizons Research, BYOD and mobility improve employee productivity.
- Job Satisfaction: When employees choose how, where, and with which tools they work, job satisfaction skyrockets by 16%.
The Downs of BYOD
- Security: When you leave security up to your employees, there is no guarantee that they are staying up-to-date with the latest anti-virus software patches. Protecting your critical business data is paramount. Did you know that 43% of companies that experience major data loss never recover? 51% close within 2 years.
- Quality and Professionalism: Of course, nothing beats a high-quality business phone system. If you are interested in learning more phone systems for your small business, call Advanced Communication Systems (ACS) today! We give you more options for voice and communication technology and solutions than any other provider. This allows ACS to custom tailor a communications network to meet your needs today and well into the future.
If you have any questions about How BYOD can Benefit Small Business, please contact Advanced Communication Solutions by calling 1-800-750-3624 or visit BuyTelephoneSystem.com today! You can also follow Advanced Communication Systems on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and Google+.