“The cheapest business phone system is the one that’s already paid for…”
Does this statement sound familiar?
Unfortunately, many businesses don’t understand the fallacy of this statement! The costs of maintaining the status quo with their Nortel/Legacy phone system are actually higher than the costs of investing in a new technology that could help their business grow by leaps and bounds. Nortel/Legacy phone systems are, in today’s fast paced environment, often inefficient. Many customers contact businesses through their website, CRM systems, online chats, and email. Without integrating these services in your overall business phone system, your business could be missing out on expanding your client base.
How do you determine if upgrading your business phone system is right for your business? Here’s a checklist to assist in making a complete evaluation of your present phone system’s cost:
- Analyze your current equipment costs: Your hardware itself might be costing your company more than realized. Review your annual spending for the following:
- Annual Maintenance Costs
- Internal Technical Labor Costs
- External Technical Labor Costs (vendor costs)
- What are my network costs? These include carrier-associated costs for data and voice communications.
- How do my customers interact with my company? If many customers contact you via your website, email, social media, or Smartphone, an outdated phone system that lacks integration could be limiting your efficiency.
- How easy is it for customers to do business with you? This is another telltale sign as to whether or not your business lacks efficiency. It never hurts to do a customer survey to ascertain how easy—or difficult—it is for your customers to do business with your company.
- Where does new revenue come from? If you’re measuring your sales initiatives, you should know how and where your new customers are coming from. Understanding this can help you place the proper priority on the communication methods that your clients prefer.
In most cases, a Nortel/Legacy phone system has become outdated by new communication technologies and consumer demands that are reshaping the telecom market for both individual and business needs. If you feel that your company is suffering from an outdated system, a VoIP setup can be precisely what you need to reduce your phone bill. VoIP business phone systems are future-proofed, with automatic updates and upgrades that save you from costly changes in hardware and wiring when you hire or expand. Furthermore, the upfront costs to a VoIP system are lower. Contact ACS for more information on upgrading your business phone system to meet today’s changing technology.