Another year has come and gone. Your small business has survived another year. However, you don’t want to just survive. You want to thrive. So it’s time to make a New Year’s resolution. 2014 will be the year your small business takes a leap and grows. 2014 will be the year when you drop the word “small” from small business. And to accomplish this, you must first upgrade your business communication.
Small Business Communication Trends for 2014
- Cloud Computing: 2013 was the year of the Cloud. Well, 2014 is going to be the year even more companies embrace Cloud Computing. This will allow your small business to focus less on IT support and more on growing your business.
- Spend Money: You have to spend money to make money. So loosen those purse strings and invest in your business. You have likely cut back in recent years because of the recession. Well, 2014 is the year to catch up. And where better to start than with Avaya IP Office?
- Full Scale Communication Solutions: Small business owners, like yourself, need communication solutions, like Avaya IP Office, that are designed to help businesses of all shapes and sizes. So stop settling for scaled down versions of larger systems. If you want to compete with the big boys, you need to utilize the same communication technology that larger companies are already using.
- Telecommuting: As a small business, it is often hard to attract and retain top level employees. To help with this, consider telecommuting for 2014. Telecommuting allows employers to hire top talent from around the globe. This also helps you retain the talent you have. Yet only 2.5% of American workers telecommute full-time while Global Workplace Analytics estimates that half of Americans are working jobs that are compatible with telecommuting.
- Video Conferencing: Video conferencing allows you to stay connected with clients in a much more intimate way than a phone call could ever offer. This can help make meetings feel more personal and familiar, helping you to solidify business relationships and seal deals.
- Workplace Mobility: According to Avaya, “Small and Medium businesses are still lagging in their adoption of PBX / Mobile Telephony integration across North America.” In fact, only 33% of such businesses have deployed deployed PBX / Telephony integration to the smartphone.
Please take a moment to read our previous blog, “Business Trends for 2014,” for more great tips on how to grow your small business in the coming year.
If you have any questions about Small Business Communication Trends for 2014, please contact Advanced Communication Solutions by calling 1-800-750-3624 or visit BuyTelephoneSystem.com today! You can also follow Advanced Communication Systems on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and Google+.