It can be complicated finding the right technology for your business. There are a multitude of variables that you have to consider, and business phone technology is no different. Whether you are in the market for a sophisticated phone system or something more basic, be sure to ask yourself these questions:
- How much are you willing to spend?
- Is the business phone system compatible with your existing equipment?
- Does it permit three way conference calling?
- Does the business phone system allow for expansion as your business grows?
- Will you be able to record phone calls?
- Does the system have an auto attendant capability, thereby allowing proper directing of inbound calls?
- Can you create personal on-hold recordings?
- Is it accessible from anywhere?
- Can you use multiple phone numbers from different areas within the system?
If the phone system your business is considering isn’t capable of all this, you may need to widen your search. Remember, your business phone system is likely your company’s foremost link to customers, and it can make a vital difference when it comes to first impressions.