Last week, we explained the many benefits of utilizing the optional Auto Attendant feature for your small business phone system. These benefits included:
- Saving Money: Utilizing an Auto Attendant means you don’t have to hire a full-time employee to answer the phones.
- Efficiency: Auto Attendant greets callers and provides them with a menu of options to route their call to the appropriate extension.
- Additional Features: Auto Attendant features include: dial by name, dial by extension, dial by department, voicemail to email, 1-to-5 digit extensions, music on transfer, and Do Not Disturb.
- And so much more!
This week, we are going to focus on Tips to help you get the most out of Auto Attendant. These include:
- Optimizing your Greeting Menu: For starters, it is important to identify your business right away. Secondly, remember to keep your greeting and the subsequent menu brief. Your customers and clients do not want to listen to a long recording, especially if they call frequently. And try to avoid using technical jargon. Just because you are a tech-based company doesn’t mean your customers/clients are tech-savvy.
- Give them what they are looking for: Make sure your menu options are clear and are what your customers/clients would be looking for. As a failsafe, have the option at the end to press “0” for any other questions. And give callers the option to repeat the menu. Nothing is more frustrating than having to call back to hear the list again.
- Benefit Frequent Callers: Give callers the option to enter their desired extension at any time. This will benefit frequent callers who do not want to have to listen to your greeting each and every time they call.
Interested in Auto Attendant? Then call ACS Today!
At Advanced Communication Systems (ACS), our team of communication professionals will help you understand the available phone system features and technologies and will help you choose the solution for your business. We thoroughly analyze your requirements and devise a solution flexible enough to grow and change as your business evolves.
If you have any questions about Auto Attendant please contact Advanced Communication Solutions by calling 1-800-750-3624 or visit BuyTelephoneSystem.com today!
You can also follow Advanced Communication Systems on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and Google+.