When a customer is placed on hold, they often experience one of two things: either complete silence, or a jarring announcement telling them how long they will have to wait. Neither of these options is ideal for the customer. They want to be informed about what is happening, and they want to be kept entertained. That’s where music on hold comes in. Music on hold provides businesses with a way to keep their customers informed and entertained while they are on hold. In this blog post, we will discuss the benefits of music on hold for your Business Phone System and how businesses can use it to increase customer satisfaction.
Benefits of Music on Hold
- Keep the customer informed about what is happening.
- Keep the customer entertained while they are waiting.
- Help increase customer satisfaction.
How Businesses Can Increase Customer Satisfaction
- Use music that is appropriate for your business. If you are a professional business, you will want to use music that is calm and relaxing. If you are a fun business, you can use music that is more upbeat and lively.
- Make sure that the music you use is high quality. Customers will be able to tell if the music is low quality, and it will reflect poorly on your business.
- Use an announcement system in conjunction with music on hold. This will help to keep customers informed about what is happening, and it will also help to inform them about the perceived wait time.
- Use music on hold as an opportunity to upsell your products or services. You can use announcements to inform customers about new products or services, or you can use the music itself to promote your business.
By following these tips, you can use music on hold to increase customer satisfaction and improve your business. If you have any questions, please contact Advanced Communication Systems today at 800-750-3624. Please feel free to also follow us on Twitter.