Business and communication go together like peanut butter and jelly! Having one without the other is just insane. Well actually, business without communication is more than insane, it can be disastrous. Effective communication is the backbone of any business. Just think about it. Communication plays an integral role in everything from ordering office supplies to inter-office collaboration to sales to customer service.
So how can you ensure you are communicating effectively? Simply follow the Eight C’s of Business Communication.
- Concise: When it comes to business communication, sometimes less is more. Don’t ramble on. This will bore your prospect. Instead, be concise and get to the point!
- Complete: Make sure you convey everything you need to the first time around. Leaving out important information in the initial conversation can be disastrous.
- Conversational: Don’t talk at your prospect or customer, talk to them. Have a conversation.
- Clear: Be clear. No one ever got anywhere by being vague. This will only confuse your prospects.
- Considerate: Ask how you can help your prospect. Do not tell them what you can do for them. How do you know they need your service if you don’t ask first?
- Confidence: Sales is all about confidence. Be confident in yourself. Be confident in what you sell. Be confident that you can help your prospect.
- Check: Check your facts before giving a presentation of any kind.
- Call Advanced Communication Systems: The secret to effective business communication is an effective business phone system. At Advanced Communication Systems (ACS), we will help you understand the available communications technologies and help you choose the solution that best meets your needs and budget restraints.
If you have any questions about Business Phone Systems please contact Advanced Communication Solutions by calling 1-800-750-3624 or visit BuyTelephoneSystem.com today! You can also follow Advanced Communication Systems on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and Google+.
7 C’s of Effective Business Communication The Houston Chronicle