The times are changing. The conference call as we know it is changing too, moving from audio to video conferencing. This is the topic of the Avaya.com article, “The Audio Conference Call is Dying. Here’s Why.”
Have you ever been on an audio conference call? Most of us have. So you know just how annoying those calls can be. They are boring, the quality is not always the greatest, and, when you are dealing with large groups of people, it is hard to decipher exactly who is talking. This is why many organizations are adopting Video Conferencing.
Benefits of Video Conferencing
- More Intimate: Video conferencing is much more intimate than an audio conference call. This can help make meetings feel more personal and familiar.
- Archive: Video conferencing software allows you to tape and archive important meetings.
- Improve Telecommuting: For the most part, telecommuting makes sense. If you don’t believe us, read our previous blog post, “The Many Benefits of Telecommuting.” Still, something is missing when an employee telecommutes: face-to-face interaction. Video conferencing can help change that. Video conferencing allows your valuable employees to stay connected much easier than they would with a simple phone call.
- Save Money: Travel is expensive. Still, it is necessary for some businesses. That is, unless you embrace video conferencing. Now you can have that meeting with the client in Miami, Florida from your office in San Francisco, California. It is still a very personable way to communicate, but much cheaper than airfare or gas, hotel accommodations, meals, and more.
- Content Sharing: Some video conferencing software, like Scopia from Avaya, makes content sharing easier than ever.
The only question left is “where can I find video conferencing equipment?” The answer: Advanced Communication Systems. We are here to help you select the communication system for your business. ACS is a national vendor of Avaya and Cisco telecommunications products and has experience in every major industry sector and business size, from small businesses to Fortune 500 companies. ACS offers business telephone solutions – from traditional PRI to VoIP – and maintenance services that help you leverage the value of your business’s telephone system investment.
If you have any questions about Video Conferencing, please contact Advanced Communication Solutions by calling 1-800-750-3624 or visit BuyTelephoneSystem.com today! You can also follow Advanced Communication Systems on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and Google+.