If you want your call center or sales team to prove successful, you can’t simply give them a script. You’ll need to train and coach them in either customer service or sales. One of the best ways to do this is by taking advantage of call whispering.
Call whispering is an important feature found on many Business Phone Systems. It allows managers to listen in on calls between agents and customers, with only the agent being able to hear them. This is a great way of letting the manager provide coaching and support.
Call Whispering is one feature within call center software that allows your agents to improve their confidence. It typically is accompanied by call monitoring and call barging. Taken together, these three features can greatly boost your agent’s performance and overall customer satisfaction. By taking advantage of call whispering, you can give your agents tips during a live call that only they can hear. Not only is it a great training tool for new employees, but it can assist your current agents as well.
Pros and Cons
Like with every tool, there are pros and cons to call whispering. By taking advantage of this tool, you can expect:
- Can help struggling employees
- Assists in training new employees
- Can be used for both inbound and outbound calls
- Increases employee sales and support skills
- Can help with challenging calls
- Boosts customer satisfaction
- Increases employee confidence and job satisfaction
- Initial new employee training takes longer
- A manager must dedicate time for monitoring and coaching
- Some agents may have problems focusing on conversations at first
At the end of the day, utilizing call whispering effectively can take a bit of time. However, we’ve found that the payoff is well worth it.