First of all, what are call metrics? Call metrics are an objective method of assessing your call center team’s performance. They are especially important to companies that have remote teams, because sitting in on calls is impossible. While training is an important way of boosting employee performance, call metrics can give managers important insights on how their team is performing. What metrics are most important to use?
Most Important Call Metrics
It is obvious that well-performing call centers are vital to the customer experience. Call metrics are central to achieving this aim. Here are the most important call metrics that you should use:
- Average call length – This metric can establish a baseline for how long your employees are on the phone. This not only prevents wasted time but can also help your employees determine how to efficiently deliver professional service.
- Number of answered calls – Using this metric can help you determine which agents are answering too few or too many calls. By using this metric, you can figure out how to staff your call center according to peak periods.
- Average speed of answer – Customers are not typically patient when they call in. If your metrics show that your customers are on hold for a long period of time before they reach an employee, you need to correct that.
- Missed calls – If you miss calls, you miss opportunities to make a sale or resolve an issue. This can lead to lost business.
- Conversion rate – On that same note, tracking your conversion rate can give you insight into how many calls it takes to make a sale. This can not only help your training process, but also help identify salespeople that are struggling and need additional help.
If you have any questions regarding Business Phone Systems, please contact Advanced Communication Systems today at 800-750-3624. Please feel free to also follow us on Twitter.