As a business owner, you want your Business Phone System to aid you in improving customer service, decreasing caller hold time, and creating a more efficient business experience. One VoIP feature that can help with all of this is automatic call distribution. Enabling this feature ensures great customer support and therefore permits you extra time to focus on business development.
How Does it Work?
Automatic call distribution is a feature that automatically routes calls to specific employees or departments based on predetermined parameters. The main benefit of enabling this feature is that it eliminates avoidable call transfers. Automatic call distribution is great because it allows your staff to focus less on unnecessary calls and more on their work. It also makes call routing for customers more efficient, thereby decreasing call hold times.
Automatic call distribution identifies callers based on prearranged parameters. After it identifies them as such, it sorts them into queues and routes them to the appropriate employee or department. For example, you can sort callers by area code, time of day, preferred language, and more.
How are Calls Distributed?
There are numerous ways calls can get distributed. Here are the most common:
- Skills-based: Connects callers to agents that are specifically trained to handle their query
- Idle time: Calls are routed to agents who have not had a call in a long time, therefore engaging your entire workforce
- Round robin: Ensures that every agent has an equal opportunity to take a call
- Simultaneous: All agents receive inbound calls simultaneously
- Time-based: If you have multiple geographic areas, you can route calls based on time-zone
How Can ACD Benefit Your Business?
Automatic call distribution has many benefits for businesses of all types. For example, with ACD you can:
- Improve customer satisfaction
- Lower operational costs
- Streamline business communication
- Optimize your workforce
- Increase employee flexibility
- Lessen hold times
- Create faster customer resolution times