You may not realize it, but your structured cabling requirements are an important aspect of your business’s telecommunications needs. The difference between a great cabling installation and a poor one can affect your voice and data performance. A superior cabling job can also improve your network and lessen downtime. It is therefore imperative that you have a plan in place prior to installing or upgrading your cabling.
Structured Cabling, put simply, is what supports your office building’s phone lines, computing, and telecommunications requirements. It is what ensures that you have a seamless communication experience.
Prior to the installation or upgrade, you need to ask yourself a few questions:
- Do you already have a structured cabling system in place? If so, what type is it?
- How big is your office?
- What type of technology is in place for connecting your terminals to your sever?
- How many people do you have in your office?
- Do you have any interest in using wireless technology?
Choosing a Vendor to do the Project
You will need to choose a vendor as well. Prior to the selection process you should ensure that:
- All permits are available
- Your sites are running with power
- All of the necessary components are on-site
- The necessary staff has been given advance warning
Plan for the future
When undergoing a major installation like this, it’s important that you plan ahead for the future. If you have any plans whatsoever to grow your staff or operations, you need to take that into consideration prior to starting any work. You don’t want your structured cabling unequal to the task of supporting a larger company than the one you currently have.
If you have any questions regarding Business Phone Systems, please contact Advanced Communication Systems today at 800-750-3624. Please feel free to also follow us on Facebook.