Do you only use your business phone system to make and receive calls? If so, you’re limiting your company’s productivity, client communication, and, at the end of the day, your profit margin. Business phone systems have a lot of innovative features that you should be aware of.
- SIP Trunking. Can a traditional business phone system survive a move to a new office? Maybe—but it won’t retain perfect functionality without the help of a technician. With a SIP phone however, all you have to do is unplug it, take it to the new location, and plug it back in. A SIP phone can be moved from location to location without having to alter the extension line.
- Virtual voicemail & E-Faxing. Not in the office to check voicemail and faxes? Not a problem with virtual voicemail and e-faxes; they’re sent directly to your e-mail, thereby streamlining the communication process.
- Automatic re-routing. With automatic re-routing, if a call comes in while you are out of service, it will automatically reroute to either another number or a voicemail box.
- Seamless, cloud-based maintenance. When a traditional phone system goes down, it can cost your business a lot of time and money. With a cloud-based or hosted VoIP business phone system, there’s nothing to break! Your carrier will provide all the routine maintenance and updates your business will need.
- Efficient administration. If you can’t add a new employee to your business phone system (i.e. their own personalized extension and mailbox) in less than thirty seconds, you’re current business phone system set-up is inefficient.