Businesses have changed in past years. Employees are no longer housed at a central location but rather distributed across home offices or different sites. In these instances, companies need a Business Phone System that allows for efficient collaboration. With a VoIP softphone, you can use your Business Phone System on your smartphone, computer, or tablet. This way, regardless of your physical location, you can still conduct business as if you were at your desk.
How Does a Softphone Work?
A softphone is part of a cloud-based phone system. It allows your different devices to operate as your business phone would. They usually come as apps that you install on your desktop or mobile devices. They’re ideal for companies with remote workforces or employees who travel often. They typically include video conferences, voicemail, and chat.
Important Benefits of a Softphone
Softphones come with many benefits besides the basics mentioned above. For example, you can:
- Use both personal and business numbers: Employees have the ability to easily toggle between both numbers. This is because business calls are made via the smartphone app.
- Go beyond geographical boundaries: Softphones allow remote teams to stay in contact with one another much more conveniently. It doesn’t matter if they are in a different country or not.
- Save money: You can use your softphone on your already existing plan. This makes softphones very cost-effective.
- Organize: Your softphone can integrate your contacts. Whether they are through social networking or email, softphones all but guarantee you can stay in touch.
- Keep updated with the latest technology: Unfortunately, hardware always grows obsolete. Softphones, on the other hand, rely on software. Therefore, you can always upgrade it with the click of a button anytime there is a new update.
If you have any questions regarding Business Phone Systems, please contact Advanced Communication Systems today at 800-750-3624. Please feel free to also follow us on Facebook.