Would a Hosted PBX benefit your business? In most cases, yes it would. It operates in the cloud, which provides businesses with enormous benefits. With the cloud you see increases in speed, security, and scalability. Best of all, you achieve all of this with immense cost savings. The biggest reason for this is because you don’t have equipment charges or overhead. Rather than using an on-premises PBX with traditional phone service, using a Hosted PBX with cloud services can boost your business.
What is a Hosted PBX?
PBX stands for Private Branch Exchange. Traditionally, this was the most common way of providing voice communications to a business. With a traditional setup, it was hardware and software that connected to plain old telephone service (POTS).
A Hosted PBX, however, connects to the internet instead. It is also known as an IP PBX or a virtual PBX. It is a great way to eliminate maintenance costs, pricey upgrades, and management responsibilities. Here’s how it can help your business:
Benefits of a Hosted PBX
- Cost Savings: Traditional PBX equipment is expensive. Not only are the installation and setup fees expensive, but so are the maintenance costs. The POTS service is also much more expensive than the cloud.
- Efficiency: Digital technology uses APIs (Application Program Interfaces) to link together different software. This makes your Hosted PBX a lot more efficient than a traditional one. Not only can your employees use it from anywhere with an internet connection, but you can also link the system to your CRM.
- Scalability: If you want to add lines to a Hosted system, your provider can do it virtually. With a traditional system, you had to undergo an expensive physical installation.
- Collaboration: Hosted PBXs make video conferencing, call recording, and data sharing possible. This is great for team collaboration.
- Reliability: Hosted PBXs are very reliable. Because it uses the cloud, your software is always upgrading, making it difficult to hack. This is all done virtually. Your calls are also encrypted.