Depending on your current phone system, it may be a good idea to consider upgrading it. For example, if you’re using an on-premises PBX, you may have found out that it doesn’t keep up with your business needs. Upgrading to a Cloud PBX may be a better option for you. The best way to find out is to take a look at its’ advantages.
What is a Cloud PBX?
First, what is a Cloud PBX? Also known as a hosted PBX, it is a Business Phone System that works via the internet. Therefore, it doesn’t require you to have Private Branch Exchange (PBX) hardware physically at your location. Instead, a VoIP provider offers that service.
What does this mean for your business though? Essentially, a Cloud PBX has all of the functionality required in a Business Phone System such as call forwarding, voicemail, and (obviously) calling. With the cloud, you don’t have to set up a server. Your VoIP provider handles all of that.
How does it work? Whenever a call takes place, sound is converted into data packets. The data packets then travel via the internet to your hosted PBX provider. The provider then establishes a clear calling path between each party. All of this happens in milliseconds. All you need on your end is a solid broadband connection.
Advantages of a Cloud PBX
Here are some of the best advantages of switching to a Cloud PBX:
- Powerful features: Some of the top features include mobile device support, voicemail to email transcription, auto attendants, and automatic call recording.
- Flexibility: It can adapt to different conditions in the office.
- Reliability: A reliable provider will offer a redundant network of multiple data centers. This means that it will work even during a power outage thanks to automatic call routing.
- No maintenance: System updates, VoIP codec adjustments, and network routing is all done by your hosted provider.
- Cost-effective – Compared to a traditional PBX, premium features are available for a low cost. Furthermore, by having a VoIP provider handle all of your equipment needs, you won’t have to pay to maintain hardware.
If you have any questions regarding Business Phone Systems, please contact Advanced Communication Systems today at 800-750-3624. Please feel free to also follow us on Twitter.